Access to Hikone
If you plan to use public transport, Maibara JR Station on the Shinkansen Line is the most convenient. At Maibara Station, change to the Tokaido Line bound for Kyoto and get off at the first station. You have arrived at Hikone JR Station. In case of traveling by car, Hikone Interchange on the Meishin Expressway is the most convenient.
From Kansai International Airport
Take Haruka, the express train bound for Kyoto, and change to the JR Special Rapid Service train on the Tokaido Line to Hikone.
From Central Japan International Airport
Take the Meitetsu Express train from Central Japan International Airport to Nagoya. Then take the Shinkansen Express train to Maibara Station. Finally, take the JR train heading toward Kyoto, and get off at the next station. You are now in Hikone. It takes only about five minutes from Maibara.
From Narita International Airport
Take the Narita Express train from Narita Airport Station to Tokyo, and then change to the Shinkansen Express to Maibara. At Maibara Station, transfer to the JR train on the Tokaido Line and get down at Hikone Station.
From Haneda International Airport
Take the Haneda Express train on the Tokyo Monorail to Hamamatsucho (in Tokyo), or take the Keikyu Airport Limited Express train to Shinagawa (in Tokyo). Next, transfer to the Shinkansen Express train from Tokyo or Shinagawa bound for Shin-Osaka. Then change at Maibara to the JR train on the Tokaido Line and get down at Hikone Station.
From Osaka International Airport
Take the Airport Limousine bus from Osaka Airport to Shin-Osaka or Kyoto. Next, take the north-bound JR Rapid train on the Tokaido Line and get off at Hikone Station.
Travel time by Train to Maibara JR station
- Tokyo ... about 2 hours and 10 minutes by Shinkansen
- Nagoya... about 30 minutes by Shinkansen
- Kanazawa ... about two hours by JR Special Express train
- Shin-Osaka... about 40 minutes by Shinkansen
- Okayama... about 1 hour 55 minutes by Shinkansen
- Fukuoka ... about 3 hours and 25 minutes by Shinkansen
Maibara JR Station to Hikone JR Station travel time
It takes about 46 minutes by the JR Special Rapid Service train from Kyoto.
It takes about 80 minutes by the JR Special Rapid Service train from Osaka.
To Meishin Hikone IC distance
- Tokyo: Tokyo IC on Tomei Expressway …approximately 413km, Journey time is about 5 hours 10 minutes
- Nagoya: Nagoya IC Meishin Expressway …approximately 88km, Journey time is about1hour 10 minutes
- Kanazawa: Kanazawa Nishi IC on Hokuriku Expressway ... approximately 180km, Journey time is about 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Osaka: Suita IC on Meishin Expressway… approximately 102km, Journey time is about1hour.
From Meishin Hikone IC to the city of Hikone, turn right on Route 306 and go straight to Tomachi intersection. It takes about 10 minutes.